SIA Relief Package Funding
Click here to view this page in another language:
During a meeting on April 8, 2021, the SIA Board of Directors approved the use of Disaster Funds to help defray members’ federation dues, SI per capita payments, and where applicable, club general liability per capita fees for clubs whose members have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Our SIA Relief Package will allocate funds to clubs with:
- Fewer than the Board recommendation of 12 members as of March 31, 2021; to mitigate these clubs from disbanding.
- More than 12 members who are active (defined as members paid for the current club year), regular members renewing for the 2021/2022 club year.
While available, funds will be for existing members who will be renewing their membership for 2021-2022.
The first requirement is that the applicant must already be an active Soroptimist member (defined as members paid for the current 2020-2021 club year).
In addition, the member must meet one of the following eligibility criteria to receive SIA Relief Package funding:
- Lost employment and experienced a loss in wages.
- Business owner whose business income has significantly decreased or was forced to close.
- Is providing financial support for their significant other or dependents who experienced a loss in wages, or whose business suffered as a result of COVID-19.
- They, their significant other or dependents incurred health care expenses as a result of COVID-19.
If you meet the criteria shown above and would like to apply for SIA Relief Package funding, you can download the individual member application form at the following link.
Please send this application form to your club treasurer by June 7, 2021.
Your club treasurer (or the treasurer’s designate) will file your club’s request for SIA Relief Package funding between June 8, 2021 - June 21, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and funding allocated between June 8, 2021 and June 23, 2020.
SIA headquarters will communicate with club treasurers whether the request has been funded on June 25, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com