Sustaining our Dream Programs
Nearly 700 donors around the world are considered Soroptimist Stargazers because they set up automatic donations on a monthly or quarterly basis. A reoccurring gift of any amount provides an efficient and reliable source of funding for our global Dream Programs. You can help ensure women and girls have the resources and opportunities they need to reach their full potential and live their dreams. Become a Soroptimist Stargazer today!
Monthly Giving allows me to make smaller contributions, and still feel like I’m a part of something bigger.
— Leanne C. Davis, SI/Oakland – The Founder Club, CA, USA
Prefer to give by mail?
Complete the Soroptimist Stargazers Enrollment Form and return it to headquarters to enroll.
Already a Soroptimist Stargazer?
Sign in to update your existing account with new credit card information or change your monthly donation amount.
For additional questions, please contact us at 215-893-9000 ext. 127 or email@example.com
Dream Big Campaign
Investing in our Future Impact
Your generosity will support the expansion, delivery, and sustainability of Soroptimist's global Dream Programs. With your help, big dreams will come true for women and girls who will go on to make a difference in their communities and the world!
Donor Advised Funds
Invest in the dreams of women and girls through a donor advised fund
Donor Advised Funds are the fastest-growing giving method and tax-efficient way to manage your charitable donations. A donor advised fund (DAF) gives you the opportunity to provide women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment, while receiving immediate tax benefits on your donation.
Here’s how it works:
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program (such as Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon, Vanguard Charitable,Wells Fargo, National Philanthropic Trust, and more).
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets to the sponsoring organization (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend a grant to Soroptimist International of the Americas. If you are with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon can easily make a designation through the DAF Direct window on this page. If your DAF is not listed, contact the organization directly to recommend a grant.
Main Advantages of Donor-Advised Funds:
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency – Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities and eliminate capital gains taxes.
- Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs – There is no cost to establish a donor advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more)**.
- No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant to the sponsoring organization** goes to SIA.
- Privacy if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization .
If you have any questions, please contact our Fund Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-893-9000
The Laurel Society is SIA’s prestigious recognition program for donors who contribute gifts totaling $1,000 or more. Since 1994, nearly 9,200 Laurel Society members have given over $19 million to help economically empower women and girls through our Dream Programs. To learn more about joining the Laurel Society and our exclusive biennial event, click here.
I will proudly wear my Laurel Society pin, which will remind and inspire me knowing that Soroptimists are making a significant difference, helping women and girls across the world to achieve their dreams.
— Janet Kenney, SI/Olympia, WA, USA
We are extremely grateful to all our Laurel Legacy members for their commitment to making a future gift that will ensure the Soroptimist Dream Programs continue for years to come.
Laurel Legacy commitments are acknowledged with a beautifully designed pin and recognition at Soroptimist events. When your gift is received, your name will be inscribed on the Laurel Legacy memorial plaque at Soroptimist International of the Americas’ headquarters in Philadelphia.
Ensure the future of our life-changing programs and join other forward-thinking Soroptimists by making a planned gift through the Laurel Legacy.
I long to leave this world far better than it was when I started my journey.
— Tonya Clark, Laurel Legacy member
If you have named Soroptimist International of the Americas in your will or made other arrangements for a future gift, please fill out this form and return it to SIA headquarters.
The 1921 Visionaries is a society in tribute to donors who contribute five consecutive years or greater. This elite group was named with both a gesture to the rich past of which you are a fundamental part, and our bright future, which you are ensuring. Thanks to the incredible commitment shared by members of the 1921 Visionaries, together we have changed the lives of the tens of thousands of women and girls.