Apply for the Live Your Dream Award
The Live Your Dream Awards offers three levels of cash awards. Eligible applicants can submit their application between August 1 - November 15. Ultimately, a Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential to receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, purchase books, get transportation, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
The first level of judging occurs at the club level. Please note that each club has their own judging process and timeline. Most clubs announce their recipients between January and April.
Timelines to receive funds are dependent on your local club.
Before going any further, make sure you are eligible. You are eligible to apply if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program, high school equivalency or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Women from the U.S. (including territories) and Canada can start their application below-check out the tips for applying too.
The Live Your Dream Award has been a tremendous blessing for me in helping me to conquer my dreams and it gave me this boost of confidence to keep pressing forward.
— Ivana, Live Your Dream Award Recipient
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 - $16,000 to further their education:
Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club.
Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.