Apply for the Live Your Dream Award
The Live Your Dream Awards offers three levels of cash awards. Eligible applicants can submit their application between July 1 - November 15. Ultimately, a Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, purchase books, get transportation, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
The Live Your Dream Awards application cycle is currently closed, and is open July 1 – November 15 each year.
Preparing your application
Here are a few things you can do to prepare your application:
- Plan who your references will be: No need to collect letters; we provide an online reference form. Until then, think about who your two biggest cheerleaders are ... they can be mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers.
- Draft your personal statement: The Live Your Dream Awards are all about helping women who have faced obstacles on the path to living their dreams. Since 1972, the award has provided tens of thousands of women with cash grants to help them achieve their educational and career goals. In 750 words or less, tell us how you think this could help you live your dream.
- Mark your calendar: The Application Portal is open July 1 - November 15 each year.
The Live Your Dream Award has been a tremendous blessing for me in helping me to conquer my dreams and it gave me this boost of confidence to keep pressing forward.
— Ivana, Live Your Dream Award Recipient
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 - $16,000 to further their education:
Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club.
Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Get an overview of how to apply, how to strengthen your application, and what to expect after you apply.
What are the Live Your Dream Awards?
Connecting to a local club
Completing an application
Quick tips for applying
What happens after I apply?