Women's Opportunity Awards – Application Instructions
Deadline: Applications are due each year by December 1 to the address listed below in Step 4. Award recipients will be notified between January and June.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
Eligible applicants are women who:
- Provide the primary financial support for her dependents (including children, spouse, siblings and/or parents)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program
- Are motivated to achieve their educational and career goals
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries or territories
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award; are not a Soroptimist member, employee of Soroptimist or immediate family of either
Step 2: Complete the application
It is very important that you first save the writable PDF application file onto your computer or a USB/thumb drive if you are working on a public computer. Otherwise, you risk losing any information you have entered and will need to begin again. Once you have completed the application, select “Save As” from the “File” menu and change the file name (for example, “WOAappLG.pdf,” where “LG” are your initials.) Then click “Save.” Click here for more instructions on using writeable PDF forms.
Click here to access the application.
Step 3: Obtain References
You will need two different people (NOT related to you) to fill out the reference form. Please email this form to your references and request that they email it back to you when complete.
Click here to access the reference form.
Step 4: Email your application
Send completed applications (including the application and two reference forms) to email@example.com.
Please refer to the Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards Frequently Asked Questions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.